AH! So I have returned to the original purpose of this blog. Which was to sort out what I believe and why. Which means that it's list time I suppose. I do loves me some lists, but this one is going to be harder for me. So much of my life has been taken up by my beliefs ones that have both done me a lot of good and ones that have done me harm. So let's start with the positives shall we.
I believe...
1. That there's a God who loves me: I've experienced too much in my life not to believe this part. Sure I've encountered a lot of hardships along the way, but ultimately my life has turned out positively. I am able to learn and grow even through the times that seem tough.
2. That I need to be doing real good in the world: Whether it be volunteering at homeless shelters, or giving my time to those that need it the fact that is that I need to be proactive and positive in my approach to others. This is Important. So many of my fellows seem to neglect this part and it's a shame.
3. Treating people like they matter is important: Yeah it's sad that I have to state this as one of my core beliefs. It's sad because it should be left unsaid, a total no brainer, a given. But it isn't. And I've had it with my fellows looking down on others because they don't fit into their little box. You know what neither do I so screw that noise.
So I guess it's time to list what I don't believe.
1. Abstinence: Yeah I've never had sex before, but the whole concept of religiously enforced abstinence is one that's fucked with my head for far too long. Others don't get to dictate to me what I do or don't do in my relationships. That is for me and the other person to decide together.
2. That gay people are going to defile everything: Oh come on really?! Really? Yeah I'm calling bullshit on this one.
Hrm I think that's it for now. But like these are kind of huge. I think I can live with these simple guidelines and look for a good community to support me on this.
No comments:
Post a Comment